I'd like to try hatching duck eggs...

bubra007

Songster
10 Years
May 5, 2009
I've done two batches of chicken hatching eggs with not the best results. I got 0 live hatches from my first batch of 18 eggs, and 4 of my second batch of 13. I'd love to try duck eggs, would anyone be willing to send me some eggs for the cost of shipping?

Thanks!!!

Not until you get the hang of hatching eggs! With hatches that low, something has got to be wrong with your equipment or your procedures. You can find links to incubation problem diagnosis information here: http://www.countrychickens.com/country_chickens_4_004.htm

After
you've figured out what went wrong, let us know how you plan to correct it. Then someone may ship you some duck eggs.

Kathy, Bellville TX
www.CountryChickens.com

Well, the first batch of eggs I got from the local flea market and didn't know what to look for. Having said that, I can reflect they were very dirty and porous. Each day I would look through the windows in the incubator and notice another one had a crack and was oozing...when I opened them up, it was black nastiness.

The second batch was from a member here but they were shipped. The member took extreme care with the eggs, but its my understanding having a good hatch from shipped eggs is not the rule, but the exception.

I've read the hatching guides here and have followed everything to a T.

Back
Top Bottom