ID please

Kay797

Chirping
Dec 11, 2020
Pretty sure I have a barnevelder and at first I was thinking boy but I’m starting to feel like it’s a pullet… 🧐 thanks in advance for your knowledge. 4 weeks old this week

Attachments

• 32E97B51-FE0C-4ED5-9997-42D401BA3CB3.jpeg
    32E97B51-FE0C-4ED5-9997-42D401BA3CB3.jpeg
    668.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 3DF0073F-46BA-4A5C-A1F5-A05C99CA3D14.jpeg
    3DF0073F-46BA-4A5C-A1F5-A05C99CA3D14.jpeg
    478.9 KB · Views: 6
Pretty much all the time, but there’s some here in there that get the straight comb gene. It’s probably a barnevelder now that you mention it I wasn’t paying close attention to the comb in the pic.
Oh wow I never thought about the odds of that not always being the case! Thank you for that cool little insight! Always trying to learn more 🥰

Wyandottes have rose combs, not pea combs. Hatchery quality do sometimes have single combs.

This isn't a Wyandotte though. Where did you get her?

Wyandottes have rose combs, not pea combs. Hatchery quality do sometimes have single combs.

This isn't a Wyandotte though. Where did you get her?
Thank you so much for the knowledge! She is from Hoover hatchery. My first order from them and I am pretty please I got a nice variety of babies! I ordered 5 male rare breed and 10 female rare breed all arrived very healthy and are thriving ❤️🥰

I would say she's a Barnie, then.
👏 how exciting! I was kind of sad when I went to identifying them (trying my best) and I figured it was a good chance it was a Barnevelder and it started feathering out like a boy as far as growth wise. I really wanted a female of this breed!!!
I know some breeds like the Orpingtons don’t feather out the same as others and you can’t rely on that to tell the sex… I’m so happy it’s a she!!!!

Back
Top Bottom