Idaho anyone?

Hey Mackay, I am in Challis, unfortunately in the City limits. I hope you enjoy it here when you are permanent. I have lived in Idaho, Montana, Nevada and Texas. I like Idaho the most but they are all good. The central Idaho mountains and rivers are a great place if you have kids like me.

John Runer fellow new egg!!!

Last edited:
kc.h :

Just thought I'd say "Hi."
frow.gif
I'm in Idaho Falls. I've lived here for about three years. Prior to that Colorado, North Carolina, Iowa, and Washington. I've been lurking for a while. It's nice to see that there are others in Idaho on here. Bill I take it your daughter is going to BYU-I? There are a lot of very nice people there, she should have a wonderful time once she settles in.

Ha! I didn't know that was you! Nice seeing you and your rooster and your son today!​

hey Buster ~ you mentioned you will be selling chicks this spring? Will you have EE's? I saw in your tag line that you do have some, but I was wondering if these were some of the ones you were planning on selling.
~Red

Quote:
I'm not sure yet. I don't have anything separated at this point but I haven't been getting any green eggs yet either. I may have to isolate those EE girls to see what the heck they are doing. I will get back with you. If they are laying brown eggs I will be eating or selling them and the roo I have as well. If they will lay some green eggs I will breed them to my EE roo (have you seen pics) and sell chicks.

They will let you have chickens in Challis, for now. There are some chickens that run all over their neighbors yards however. That makes me wonder if it might be put to an end. Under our ordinance chickens are under agriculture no limit on amount or rooster, but no commercial use is allowed..and they are supposed to be confined to your yard. I am the Animal Control Officer and I am only over dogs! Go figure!!!!

John Runer

Quote:
Thank you. We enjoyed coming down and seeing your chickens and ducks. My son really liked your Mille Fleur d'Uccle and Blue Orp chick. We may have to add a couple of d'Uccles to our flock. Thanks for you help.

kc.h :

Quote:
Thank you. We enjoyed coming down and seeing your chickens and ducks. My son really liked your Mille Fleur d'Uccle and Blue Orp chick. We may have to add a couple of d'Uccles to our flock. Thanks for you help.

No problem! I plan on separating the d'uccles in the spring so let me know.​

Nampa Idaho here!!!! There seems to be 2 or 3 Idaho threads going so I posted in 2, (the other was N. Idaho). I have raise RIR for eggs in the past, I purchased 9 barred rock bantams at auction that were supposed to be mostly hens that ended up being all Roos, (freezer camp candidates) and now I have 12 Black Copper Marans that I hatched out 5 weeks ago. Decided that the Marans are all I will have now and dedicate my efforts to that line exclusively.

I know there aren't many of us Idahoans on here compared to other states so I wanted to drop you Gem State members a note here to let you know that I have Buff Orp chicks available for sale in Eastern Idaho. I also have Orp/Marans cross chicks available as well. PM me for details. These are all from hens that are laying machines!

Back
Top Bottom