Idaho lurker turns member

dschoey

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 26, 2013
Hello, I've been using this site for years... finally got around to joining. We started just 3 years ago with 6 little pullets and we are hooked. My daughter even took 2nd place overall in the poultry competition at this year's fair. We have 20 chickens, 1 rooster, 4 ducks, and 17 quail chicks (and cows and a dog). Next spring we hope to get some heritage turkeys that will breed naturally-- still researching breeds That about sums us up... thanks for all the years of advice, building plans, health tips, photos, and inspiration.
Diane

Welcome to the site Diane!
frow.gif

So glad you finally became a registered member! Welcome from California wine country in the Western Sierra Foothills! :frow

Regarding turkeys, I like Midget Whites, but I don't know how "heritage" they are; they can breed naturally, though. Narragansett, however, IS for sure a heritage breed and is on the smallish size for turkeys. Just a cowpoke suggestion while you think about it. :)

welcome-byc.gif
Can't read the word turkey without thinking about drumsticks - yummy. Sorry, I'm bad. Some people keep them as pets - I have no problem with that. I understand they can follow their people around like a puppy.

Back
Top Bottom