Idaho?

here are a couple that I already had taken, will get some of the others...

Houdans

White "snowball" Polish, great beards and muffs on these

WCB Polish

Kind of hard to see the Polish through the wire, i will get a good "photoshoot" of them when I get off work and post some better ones, they really are nice though, very pleasantly surprised.
I will get some of the NN, BR and GSL (they are actually called Red Star, I keep calling them GSL's out of habit
smile.png
) the GSL are a little wild, but nice big birds.
So cute!

Thank you! They really are fun, you have to have a couple fun ones in your flock :) The Houdans are really docile too, much more mellow than the Polish. I have really been glad I tried them :) The white Polish is just gorgeous, I am going out to get some better pics of her in just a bit. The Polish I already have really are decent layers too, they take forever to start, but lay good size eggs, about every3rd or 4th day they skip a day. Better than what I had thought they would do.

Hi all, hope you are enjoying the early spring this year!

I have some Pencilled Palm turkeys (Porters lines) that are laying like crazy this year, and I have an excess of eggs that I'm considering putting up for sale. I am currently incubating a batch of 7, and will be selling the poults when they hatch.

I'd love to give BYCers first crack at them, before putting them on craigslist. Anyone interested?

Question: I live in Boise... I have dug my run (12ftx12ft) into the ground about 4 inches. We do have racoons out this way.

I was curious though... we are trying to figure out a cover situation... and money is tight now (one of my pets is on a tumor treatment costing me over $200 a month. Yikes!) and we were wondering about netting.... if buying a large bird netting would work enough? Is there anything to be worried about climbing and dropping down into the run during the day? I will be locking my 2 chickens and 1 duck in the coop at night and letting them back out in the morning.

Question: I live in Boise... I have dug my run (12ftx12ft) into the ground about 4 inches. We do have racoons out this way.

I was curious though... we are trying to figure out a cover situation... and money is tight now (one of my pets is on a tumor treatment costing me over $200 a month. Yikes!) and we were wondering about netting.... if buying a large bird netting would work enough? Is there anything to be worried about climbing and dropping down into the run during the day? I will be locking my 2 chickens and 1 duck in the coop at night and letting them back out in the morning.
I know that something got into our chicken runs twice in the day. Killed them all. I had no idea we had racoons or foxes in our area. Can you hear or see the chickens in the run? Do you have dogs to chase away predators? When we do our run we will probably not do more than the cattle panelings to fence and cover the run. At least that is my thought right now.

Henry is beautiful! Is he your bantam cochin?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom