Idaho?

I think you can with Golden Feather membership.. or maybe it's Platinum Feather? I seen it SOMEWHERE. LOL.

I am pretty sure I saw it in the general question area and you just have to contact a MOD to change names? That is how it runs on my other forum.

Chicken math has struck again! I went to CAL Ranch and got 2 chicks out of the bin labeled "Australorps" then I told my husband that my chicken wish list was complete unless I find Welsummers....and then I got them home. They have white feathers coming in under their wings and now that I'm really looking at them I think they are Black Copper Marans with clean legs. :/ I don't know whether to be happy or sad. The first two chicks that I lost were FBCM so I'm happy I will have the opportunity to raise some dark brown egg layers again...but I wanted Australorps cadflabbit!

Of course I Iive 2 hours Away so can't just return them. Not that my little girls would let me. I suspect they may become Patience 2 and Nugget 2. Lol :rolleyes: I guess I can be happy. My other two died in the gawky teenage stage but 1 of them was starting to look pretty.

Last edited:
I am in Sandpoint and starting my flock this year. Reading everything I can get my hands on because I have little ones under the heat lamp now and have to get a good coop up before winter lol.

hey I am looking at that contest BYC is running on guessing the time. I am going to be very close! lol. Probably off by about six hours to twelve hours. lol.

tongue2.gif

I am pretty sure I saw it in the general question area and you just have to contact a MOD to change names? That is how it runs on my other forum.

That could be! I've read so much stuff since I've joined, it's all just starting to mesh together!

Chicken math has struck again! I went to CAL Ranch and got 2 chicks out of the bin labeled "Australorps" then I told my husband that my chicken wish list was complete unless I find Welsummers....and then I got them home. They have white feathers coming in under their wings and now that I'm really looking at them I think they are Black Copper Marans with clean legs.
hmm.png
I don't know whether to be happy or sad. The first two chicks that I lost were FBCM so I'm happy I will have the opportunity to raise some dark brown egg layers again...but I wanted Australorps cadflabbit!

Of course I Iive 2 hours Away so can't just return them. Not that my little girls would let me. I suspect they may become Patience 2 and Nugget 2. Lol
roll.png
I guess I can be happy. My other two died in the gawky teenage stage but 1 of them was starting to look pretty.

That's how australorp chicks look, actually, they are supposed to have the white feathers on their chest, I had Marans chicks and an australorp chick about the same age last year and they did look quite similar until the Marans started getting the copper in their hackles and the australorp was thinner than the Marans... I bet you have a couple of Australorps
big_smile.png

Been a busy weekend!! Sold 20 chicks on Saturday, 3 pullets, 1 cockerel and 1 rooster, phew!! Was glad to get the chicks out of the house and move some of the juvies out of the garage into the grow-out pen. Now there's just one brooder in the garage, YAY!!!

Also had a weird experience yesterday.. After church, went out to check out the girls and saw that one of my broodies only had 3 (she had 4) chicks following her around... I checked everywhere, behind the fence, behind strawbales, all the cracks and corners I could think of, no sign of it anywhere... Finally figured a falcon had gotten it... I saw one eyeing everyone last week, and I have been looking at bird netting prices since... Well, last night after I got everyone in (the juvies that just got moved out usually take a couple of days to figure out where to go at night) I could hear cheeping again!! What?? I looked around again, then noticed a bowl turned upside down and it was moving!! Very carefully I turned it over and flying out came that chick!! I seriously can't believe it didn't roast to death under there, it was under there all day!! It was starving and thirsty of course, but otherwise seemed ok, so after feeding/watering it I put it back under it's momma.. All I can figure is it was nice and warm under there so it just slept all day, the bowl wasn't a heavy one and not dark in color, so it didn't sit tight against the ground... crazy chickens!!

Back
Top Bottom