Idaho?

Did anyone have kiddos show at the fair that were part of the "friends of a feather" (I think it was) group? One of the girls in that group showed some pretty silkies, and I want to find out if the family sells them!

I snapped a couple of pics of their birds, they were pretty!

Last edited:
so we were going to get started pullets and had just talked abut getting some so i can commune with the chickens before winter starts. My oldest entered a raffle ticket drawing at the Eastern Idaho State Fair and he totally won 5 chicks from hatch a batch hatchery... I wasn't going to brood any chickens this winter!

Going to pick them up tomorrow so I guess we are brooding and not going to get any eggs all winter lol

well, on the bright side, maybe you can have them eating out of your hands by the time it warms up again :)

Does anyone near Boise/Meridian/Nampa area have any bantams that they are wanting to sell for a reasonable price? I am looking for a friend or two for my Bella (she is my mystery Bantam pullet) and she is the only bantam I have, all my others are LF.

IcyOldHen: Do your quail lay in one spot? Kinda like chickens in a nesting box? Mine are laying all over the place. It like they don't know they need to lay an egg and then it just pops out where ever they may be.

how much? and where you at? My oldest won chicks from the fair and they are like ranging btw 7 days and 3 days or something.

I am not having any luck with Roosters..... My big Maran/Welsummer cross Roo had been acting wierd the last few days and then thismorning my dad found him dead when he went out to fill the food troughs, that makes the second Roo of mine that has died. I hope my Great nephew Ethan's Roo Cornflake decides to stay healthy. If he up and dies Ethan will be heartbroken.

Back
Top Bottom