Idaho?

I have two extra splash orpington chicks if anybody is interested! My chick reservation list is now open.

0.jpg

I also have a Brinsea Mini Advance that I'm thinking of parting with. I haven't had good luck with my girl to boy ratios over here, and think I might just go back to getting already started chicks. Used for two hatches, and then stuffed back into the box. Retails for $150, I'd like to get $100 for it.

Last edited:
Think my buff Orpington is a too :0( they are keeping toasty in their straw filled coop. But they aren't laying yet and I'm going insane. I think I've got a couple more months for one that I can tell is a girl if the Bo is a girl too they were hatched end if August. The other two slw and blrw were supposed to be at pol but I got nothin I'm getting impatient.

super bummed - 2nd attempt at hatching failed. we did get 1 to pip, but nothing more :(

Working with fertile serama eggs. pullet has been laying for about 3 months.

we turn the eggs every 8 hours (all our schedule allows mon-friday). temp stayed fairly steady at 99.5 (we have a fan..) humidity bounced around 30-35 ish until lock-down, then we increased to 45%.

This was the set of eggs where the yolks were attached to the side of the egg. We have been trying to rotate our other fertile eggs so that doesn't happen again.

anyone have tips or suggestion?

I'm re-posting pics of our bator.. the rack is supported by mason jars filled with water. Our humidity is supplied by a pie tin that has a small hand-towel wadded in it to increase surface area.

Thanks in advance for help :)

Back
Top Bottom