Idea for cheap small portable chicken coop

ChickenRMe

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 21, 2012
Hey folks! one of the first coops I built I used an old cart like this

I bought mine at a yard sale for 10$ build 2 boxes on the top, 2 on the middle, and 2 on the bottom, then a few boards for a walk to the top and middle. Total Cost was about 20$ I ended up building another one since we had 14 chickens. to move it all I gota do is move the walk boards and roll it wherever I need it to go. I built the 2 boxes on each level on a piece of wood, so I can lift the boxes of the cart if needed.

I dont anymore actually, we upgraded, and have a wire run with a coop at the end about 3 feet off the ground. The cart I used had 1 top,middle, and bottom shelf. Seems more to me, like you would need a cart with just a bottom shelf.

Edit add on: you could always build around the cart

Last edited:

Not the finished product but I wound up putting a full door on top with wire and a piece of PVC corrogated roofing I had...for me total cost was only the wood - about 12$ I had everything else on hand...its 8' X 3' X 2 high - if you put wood on the sides for a house, and made it slant slightly for the roof that could open and close - would make a great simple coop house

Back
Top Bottom