Ideal 236 V ee maybe?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mrsruvi, Jun 5, 2011.

1. mrsruvi

mrsruvi Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2011
    Tucson
    Ok i had asked about this earlier but i have clearer pics now. My second "Ideal 236" (which is Ideals Leghorn Hybrid) wasnt labeled when i get her, and so the only reason i'd say she is one is because the guy at the feed store said so when i told him thats what i wanted and he picked her out of a sea of outdoor run chicks.

This second looks much fatter than the one i know is for sure an Ideal 236. she has a brown chest which everything i read online about them says they should be white with black flecks, shes got puffed cheeks rather than flat and she has a green tint to her legs as opposed to the orangey tint of my Ideal. The Ideal has a comb already, this girl doesn't despite appearing to be slightly older. I am thinking shes another EE. But what do you think? first two are my confirmed Ideal 236 just for comparison. The second 2 are my mystery chick.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ideal 236

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  2. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Looks like it could be an EE.

3. sevenbabychicks

sevenbabychicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2010
    Saint Paul, MN
    I'm voting EE. Please post update pics of her in a few months - looks like she's going to turn out pretty! I love pale EEs [​IMG]:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by