Ideal Chicks

Bandit

Songster
10 Years
Sep 16, 2009
Utah
Today was the big day! I got a call at 5:40 am and rushed to the post office to get the babies. There was a cheeping box out in the cold on the dock so I took it and it was to some other lucky person out a ways away so I took it inside and told the postal worker they should be indoors till they are picked up. (It was 24 degrees this morning) Then I got my little cheeping box from inside the post office and took them home. I was so pleased that there were 25 healthy chicks with no problems. They all took a nice drink and then figured out how to eat before snuggling up under the heat lamp. So kudos to Ideal. The babies hatched on Tuesday and I got them Thursday morning all the way over here in Utah. I will shop there next time I need a chick fix!

Aaahh, congrats on the healthy chicks! And for saving someone else's from getting a chill.
smile.png

You might already be aware, but eFowl.com is located in Colorado. I cancelled my MPC order and went with them instead so my chicks wouldn't have to travel all the way from the east coast to the mountains. They have a great selection; I can't wait to get mine!

I had the same good fortune w/ my order from Ideal hatchery. Got 25 pullets and they threw in 5 others, probably roos, in the order. My PO called at 6:05 am on 2/19 and the race was on!! I made it there in no time flat and picked 'em up from inside the building. You would think that on packing the boxes that Ideal would put on the top "Keep Warm - Live Chicks" or something. Anyway, they are 23 days old now and kicking it, old school!!

gig.gif
gig.gif

Congrats on your babies!

Last edited:
I had an error with picking mine up one time, they spent a day at the post office, before I knew about the 24hr side dock(ugg), and i only lost one. Ideal was very nice to work with. I felt horrible, and now now my P/O quite well
smile.png
I would order again

Yes, this is my first experience with raising babies instead of just buying full grown pullets, and I'm having a lot of fun. Learning a lot, too, like how long a cat's arm really is (I had to rework the chickenwire lid with smaller holes in the chicken wire). They are so funny and cute and actually this is my daughter's 4-H project so even though I'm not getting any work done and just watching chick TV, she is going to learn a lot too.

Congratulations on the safe arrival of your chicks! I Live in Utah as well and ordered from MPC 3 weeks ago and I've had them about almost 2 weeks. I ordered 10, 1 died a week later. The rest are doing really well. I might have to order from efowl next time, I didn't realize they were in colorado....It was a nerve racking 3 days waiting for my chicks all the way form conneticut. Where abouts in Utah are you? I'm in south central Utah!

Actually we've been pounded with snow this year and we are still 3 hours from st. goerge......so not as warm as them! I grew up in Logan actually, I lived there about 3 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom