Ideal Dozen Again

:pop Watching for more extreme cuteness, since I won't have chicks this year.

What are your plans for this batch?

I plan to keep half of them and sell the other half.

The SLW girls will start my Silver-Lace Australorp(ish) project.

A Brahma and a CW will replace hens due to be culled this fall and I wanted Delawares but couldn't get them the past 2 years.

In fact, I got those Blue Australorps because the Delawares the farm store was supposed to get weren't sent by the hatchery and I had to pick a substitute breed.

OMG CHICKIES!!!! 🤗 🤗 🤗

b08a86556993b160eb965a7dffdefd698bbe9ad7[1].gif

I just checked on them before getting ready for bed. They're all tucked under their plate in a nice cuddle pile. Perfectly quiet and content. Literally not a peep to be heard.
Aw, so cute wish mine would have been that way. Couldnt sleep because all i heard was chirping until i held the one bird that was doing it.

I just checked on them before getting ready for bed. They're all tucked under their plate in a nice cuddle pile. Perfectly quiet and content. Literally not a peep to be heard.
I don't think mine made it out from under the heater all day either. Can't blame them, it's been raining all day long and the temps are pretty low.
(except for the mush dinner, they came out to chow down. Weird, it's just chick food with water!)

I don't think mine made it out from under the heater all day either. Can't blame them, it's been raining all day long and the temps are pretty low.
(except for the mush dinner, they came out to chow down. Weird, it's just chick food with water!)

You might own baby chicks if you find yourself outside before 7am wearing a nightgown and muck boots to check on them.

Back
Top Bottom