Ideal Hatchery Choice Duck Assortment-Breeds?

Hi y’all! One week later and they are growing like weeds. The mallard(?) is super tiny and the pekin is HUGE. Here’s what I️ think I️ know:

#5 (Named Aflac) is 100% a pekin. I️ just don’t know if it’s Jumbo or not.

#4 (Windmill aka. Millie, courtesy of 5yo) I’m leaning toward Runner of some sort. I’m not sure what colors there are.

#6 (Goose) is way smaller than the rest, I’m not sure if Mallards grow slower but I️ do know it will be much smaller as an adult.

#1 (Queen Elizabeth) 100% Crested

#2 (Jared) still unsure. It doesn’t walk as tall as runner or as low as the pekin. It’s more in the middle.

#3 (Paradise) I still think Khaki Campbell.

Here’s a pic! (Ignore the mess, I️ cleaned the brooder after I️ took the pic. They are too cute!)

1618728986383.jpeg

Cowboy, their surrogate quail dad, wanted in on the family picture ❤️

Hi y’all! One week later and they are growing like weeds. The mallard(?) is super tiny and the pekin is HUGE. Here’s what I️ think I️ know:

#5 (Named Aflac) is 100% a pekin. I️ just don’t know if it’s Jumbo or not.

#4 (Windmill aka. Millie, courtesy of 5yo) I’m leaning toward Runner of some sort. I’m not sure what colors there are.

#6 (Goose) is way smaller than the rest, I’m not sure if Mallards grow slower but I️ do know it will be much smaller as an adult.

#1 (Queen Elizabeth) 100% Crested

#2 (Jared) still unsure. It doesn’t walk as tall as runner or as low as the pekin. It’s more in the middle.

#3 (Paradise) I still think Khaki Campbell.

Here’s a pic! (Ignore the mess, I️ cleaned the brooder after I️ took the pic. They are too cute!)

View attachment 2622726

Cowboy, their surrogate quail dad, wanted in on the family picture ❤️
I love Cowboy.

Out of curiosity, around what age do the ducks usually start feathering out? I️t looks like the are starting to lose their down a bit but I’m not sure.

Back
Top Bottom