Ideal Hatchery

I have and I would NOT recommend them to my enemy! I have ordered a total of 10 ducklings from them and only 4 of them arrived alive. They also shorted me on an order, I ordered 6 ducklings and they sent 5. I am sure there are others who have had ok experiences but this is just mine.

If you want ducks or geese. Go with Metzer.

I got my mallards from Whistling Wings which raises mallards exclusively, but I'd like to get some Canada Geese from Metzer in the years to come.

I order exclusively through Ideal, but I've never ordered ducks. We have ordered over 100 chicks through the years,and I'm sure we've never received a deceased chick.

Their customer service is awesome, you get a real person and they're always friendly and helpful. They e-mail you when your chicks are shipped, so you know when to expect them.

We live in PA, they're in Texas, so our chicks are traveling quite a ways. Like I said, we've never had a problem. I'm sure when their animals leave the facility, they're in good shape. It's hard to say what happens in transit. I feel they offer good, hatchery quality birds for a decent price.

Good luck-
Em

Packing peanuts are my biggest pet peeve(well sometimes
tongue.png
). And they have a bad habit of sending them in the form of Male chicks.

Last edited:
I've ordered from them and I never will again. 4 of my ducks died within a week, which I knew was a possibility.b But one of them from the first day couldn't walk right he would run around and fall down and lean to the side... Aside from that they were completely rude both times I talked to them on the phone.

Ordered 4 ducks...all arrived with no issues....to Michigan. Would order from them again but they don't have what I am looking for in geese!

Quote:
If you want quality ducks and geese go with holdereads, metzers is a close second, they have good prices but holderead has harder to find breeds and all ship in great health.

Back
Top Bottom