Ideal Hatchery's Black Australorps

shelleyb1969

Star Bright Farm
11 Years
Jul 24, 2008
Brown City, Michigan (Thumb)
I'm considering ordering some black australorp pullets from Ideal. Has anyone ordered these from Ideal before? And how is the quality of their Australorps? I'm not wanting to show, I just want some big black beauties!

Ordered mine from Welp's this Spring and they are great, beautiful birds! Might want to consider them. Great customer service too!

I had purchased Australorps from Ideal 2 years ago. They were good layers. Their eggs were medium to large and the hens really were not as big as I expected. But, they wre pretty and black.

Quote:
Just checked Meyers...none available.
barnie.gif

Keep searching....

i got mine from a local hardware store but they came from Ideal i'm pretty sure. I am very very very pleased with mine. one started laying at 4 months and has been laying ever since and shes 7 months now. i didnt even want australorps but i'm so glad i got them now.

Good luck finding BAs. The 3 I originally got from the feed store were supposed to be BAs but were actually BRs. And I know they came from Ideal. I heard from another feed store that they ordered BAs and were sent BRs. If you find any, let me know:D. I'd still like some big black babies..sigh. Maybe in the spring. Send pics when you do get them!

Quote:
the 2 i got from the feed store where supposed to be BR,turned out to be BA!!! they where from ideal to!! sorry i just find that funny!! unway i LOVE my BA they are the friendliest prettiest birds! i have 1 BR and well, shes sort of dumb!! pretty but dumb! everyone that sees my chickens remarks about my "fat black chickens!" lol

Back
Top Bottom