Ideal or McMurray?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by AshleyFishy, Dec 11, 2010.

1. AshleyFishy

AshleyFishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2010
    East Texas
    Hey there I have used Ideal in the past and haven't had bad luck with them. Their poultry for hatchery stock isn't bad and rather friendly. I was wondering though is mcmurray's stock any better? So should I stick with ideal or try mcmurray?

2. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Most of my hatchery birds came from Ideal but I have a few left from a McMurray order a few years ago. For some reason the McMurray order took and extra day to get to me so I did loss a few but they made good on it with no questions.

3. mamawolf544

mamawolf544 Unbreakable Heart

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    I would stick with Ideal. You are in Texas, far less traveling time on the birds.

4. andisgarden

andisgarden Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    I would check to make sure they are actually coming from TX before you order. We had an order shipped last week and it came from NM not TX and the birds were stressed because of the cold transit. I have ordered from Ideal in the past and the customer service was great and the chicks were healthy. However, this time that has not been my experience. I have noticed a few posts in the past few days about calls and e-mails going unanswered. You might want to call them before placing an order.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by