Ideal Poultry: A look inside the hatchery!

HallFamilyFarm

APA ETL#195
14 Years
Jan 25, 2010
Monticello, Arkansas
Recieved the below this morning from Ideal Poultry:

====================================================================================================================

Ideal Poultry Breeding Farms, Inc

Have you ever wondered what it looks like inside our hatchery? Here is a quick view from a piece done by Purina Mills TV last spring.

If you have not already placed your order for your spring chicks. Visit our website today. Some breeds are already sold out until April. Order your's now!

Contact Us
phone: 254-697-6677 option 2
or [email protected]
http://www.idealpoultry.com/

x3 Pretty generic,
hmm.png
IMO

x4 I would like to see the breeders set up as well.

The chick and incubation part, that I can see and I'm fine with it but I'd like to see the parents being held in barns like that. Are they in cages or floor ranged?

Hey Ideal Guys? Do you hear that? I am about to spend (IMO) mucho buckos on some chicks and I just put up a post encouraging people to combine their orders with me, is there anyway you could show us some breeders? I would think they would be proud of their chicks.

I am very sorry if this Post or my one asking people to combine orders with me are in anyway inappropriate for this forum.

I agree - an inside look into the breeding pairs and the process would be much appreciated. I think we are all curious and would love to see where our little babies came from. I liked the video but I wanted to see more!

Chicks, sexing, and shipping. Pretty standard stuff, we've all seen it before. To me, it isn't inside a hatchery at all. The REAL work of hatcheries are the breeding and the parents. That's like going to a breeder and asking how they do things, then the breeder just shows eggs being wrapped and shipped off.

I've often wondered. Do Ideal, McMurray, Cackle, all the other big ones that don't drop-ship, actually have their own breeding birds or do they buy the hatching eggs from the same people, say someone that breeds Speckled Sussex, Buff Orps, whatever and sells hatching eggs to all the hatcheries or maybe several of the hatcheries?

I obviously don't know and may just be cynical (actually I am pretty cynical). Some of the hatcheries imnply that they have their own breeding birds, but I really wonder?

I suspect the "breeding pairs" are housed about like the broiler parents in this video.

Broiler Chicken Videos

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom