Ideal Poultry Breeding Farms, Inc

Well, not one of you have said anything fowl (he he-get it?) about them. I cant believe they are that cheap. No availablility until January. I guess, order now and take my time building the coop and run. Now, to decide which kind of pullets to get. I could actually order 15 different type of pullets huh? I couldnt tell without actually going all the way with the "shopping cart" but is there a delivery charge?

again, Thanks in advance

Quote:
I did notice them and most of my order will probably be the 236's. I live next door to my parents and I already know my Mother is going to want some "pretty" chickens (other than white) chickens as well. I am also interested in the chicken that lays blue eggs. I cant seem to identify that particular breed of chicken

Last edited:
They sell them as Ameraucana, they are listed under the "tinted egglayer" link. They are not really ameraucana, but easter eggers. There's a chance they will not all lay green/blue eggs. My oldest three do, but the younger ones aren't laying yet so I don't know about them yet. They are definitely colorful birds!
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I have EE's also from Ideal. Called Ameraucanas. They lay greenish blue eggs. We got four pullets at the feed store (came from Ideal) and we ended up with three pullets one roo! LOL

I also have the Buff Orpingtons and the Rhode Island Reds from them. I must say the Buff's are beautiful and docile. The Reds I will probably sell next year when I want new ones. I really wish I had more Welsummers too.

Quote:
Did you call Ideal? I did a week ago and was able to order chicks that the website said they where out of.....only I have to wait till mid October for them to arrive.

Quote:
No, I havent called them. I have to wait until October 6th to even start building a coop anyway. I am waiting on a pesky insurance adjuster because of Ike. Allstate wont let us remove any trees that did any damage until they see it. Its not like you couldnt miss the fence crushed (brand new cyclone fence too) in three different spots or the Morgan building (which is where I am going to build the coop) jacked up in the air still cause of an oak tree falling beside it. The root system tossed it up in the air any really twisted that building.

I expect to build at my leisure and take about a week to complete it. I am trying to figure out how some of you get your eggs to roll out of the nest egg.

I havent gotten my chicks yet, (and wont until Oct. 24) but the customer service was awesome.

I orderd 1 langshan, 1 salmon faverolle, 1 buff brahma, 1 speckled sussex, 2 blue cochins, and 3 'Ameraucanas' (really EEs). I'll tell you how they are when they get here
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom