Ideal Poultry Hatchery Choice Ducks?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by nayeli, Mar 11, 2014.

1. nayeli

nayeli Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2014
    Has anyone ever ordered the hatchery choice ducks from Ideal poultry? What breeds come in that?

2. KuroKitsune

KuroKitsune Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2013
    Kansas
    just looking at the picture on the site it looks like magpies, buff, black runners, cayuga, fawn and white runner, khaki campbells, gray mallards, rouens, and snowy mallards...so going buy that you'd have a chance of getting most of the breeds they offer

3. nayeli

Jan 18, 2014
    The assorted is all they offer right now, thats why I was wondering.

4. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

When I ordered, I received 5 Cayugas and 20 Pekins [​IMG] Not exactly an "assortment," but it was clear that they tried to get me at least 2 breeds in there. This was during one of their sales, so the price of these ducks was really low, which could be why it wasn't too diverse. I think if you were paying top dollar for the assortment they would try to include a better variety of breeds, maybe even a rare one thrown in.

5. nayeli

Jan 18, 2014
    I figured the assortment would just be leftover ducks, but I guess they are a middleman not a hatchery so its probably different with them.

6. my sunwolf

Why do you say that? I see that they have a huge selection of individual breeds for sale right now.

7. nayeli

Jan 18, 2014
    When I go to the website and click ducks assorted is all that comes up.

8. my sunwolf

That's strange, when I click on "Shop Online" and then on "Ducks," I see "Hatchery Choice Ducks," followed by a list of 12 different breeds!

9. my sunwolf

If you're looking for a particular breed, I would give them a call to place your order as sometimes their website does act up.

10. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    You have to click on each tab across the top of that page to see each breed, or use the little arrows to the left and right of those little tabs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by