Ideal Poultry new delivery!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by dixygirl, Jun 20, 2008.

1. dixygirl

dixygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    I just picked up my new batch of babies from the post office sent by Ideal Poultry!
    [​IMG]

There are silkies, frizzle, ameraucanas, and pekins.
    They sent 6 free black australop males for warmth. They were very friendly and the order came as expected. I did not have to buy a large minimum like with many hatcheries.

I am very happy [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  2. GlacierNan

GlacierNan Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2008
    Colorado
    So glad to hear that! I got mine from Ideal too and they are great!

3. Sonia

Sonia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    SE Oklahoma
    I have two batches coming from ideal next month....12 barred Rocks and 4 buff orps in one and 14 bantam sultans in the other....So excited! Glad to hear that others are getting theirs as expected and healthy!

4. wynedot55

wynedot55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    your fuzzybutts are too cute.

5. dixygirl

May 14, 2008
    Thanks for your comments all. Due to the free austraulops, I am going to have to divide them into two brooders!
    [​IMG]

6. mylilchix

mylilchix Chillin' With My Peeps

Woohoo!! I got my new babies today too. They're sooo cute and fluffy!!!!!!!
    Sonja

7. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    What are you going to do with the packing peanuts (males)?

8. samapp

samapp Out Of The Brooder

Feb 28, 2008
    Mississippi
    Cute chicks. Congrats.

9. Mom2Cool

Mom2Cool Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    ok now did they send the ducklings in with the same package/box? I was hoping to get a couple of them myself but thought I'd read some where they couldn't send them at the same time or in the same box... And now they're in with the little chicks and so they're ok being kept that way? I was so tempted when I had gotten my chicks here to get a couple ducklings but I wasn't sure if they could be in with the chicks. I guess eventually they have to be moved out though huh? The chicks are a in your face bully some times now that they're 4 weeks old. I'd be curious as to how they'd gotten along this far.

They're all so cute what fun you must be happening.

10. dixygirl

May 14, 2008
    That is so funny the packing peanuts (males)
    DH wanted some roosters. We were going to get golden phoenix and Red shoulder Yokohamas. I talked him out of the roosters but looks like we ended up with a lot of them anyhow. He is ecstatic. We will just keep them too as long as they conduct themselves. [​IMG]

I may sell 3 or 4 of them. Anyone interested? But the silkies and things are straight run so some of them may be roosters too :| I do want a silkie/frizzle/ameracauna cross. So it would look fluffy like a white Easter bunny and lay colored eggs too. [​IMG] I will just raise them all together and see what happens.

Edited to add that they did ship the duckies in with the chickies. I separated the ducks from the bantams now. When they got here they seemed to be so sleepy although they were chirping so they had not done too much of anything to each other it seems. Now the ducks are in a brooder with the black australops. They seem to be tolerating each other for now.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by