ideal poultry question?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by albird101, Jan 20, 2015.

1. albird101

albird101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2013
    Tomarrows the day my 15 easter egger pullets are being shipped[​IMG][​IMG] I'm so excited and I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up with eextra packing peanuts, anyways I live in fresno but ideal poultry is located in Texas I checked online and it's about 23 hours driving distance so I'm guessing there coming thursday, but then I read that they ship chicks via airlines, and should come the same day what do you guys think? Also would I have to drive to the post office or will ups deliver them to my door step? I'm so excited I can hardly wait, I called my school and they allowed me to take Thursday off from school but they sadly gave me a packet worth of homeowork[​IMG] anyways any opinions?

2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

The post office calls me in the morning anywhere from 4:30 am to 6:30 am when I get a shipment of chicks. They won't deliver them to your home usually so as to save them the stress of extra travel (and they are very noisy as well). They don't come by UPS, at least not for me.

Congrats! I have EEs from Ideal as well and I love them.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! UPS usually tracks their items and should tell you when your shipment will arrive. Most likely, you will pick your chicks up at the post office, and expect it to be in the early morning. Hope this help and enjoy your new chickens! :)

4. albird101

Jun 2, 2013

so do you guys think theyll come thursday?

5. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]We're glad to have you.

I haven't mail-ordered chicks before, so I can't be of much help, unfortunately. But, good luck with your future chicks!

6. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

I find that my guesses on the arrival day are kind of hit and miss as to accuracy so I won't even try to guess in your case LOL.

Have fun with your new babies when they arrive!! Fuzzy bottom cuteness overload!!!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Make sure the post office knows you are expecting chicks and give them your phone number so they can call as soon as they come in. If they had to ride in the mailman's truck they could be sitting for quite a while as he drives over bumpy roads.

8. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
  9. albird101

Jun 2, 2013
    we have 3 post offices here the closest to me is about 5 minutes away, should I call all 3 or call the one nearest to me?

10. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by