Ideal Poultry Reviews

Don't know what area you are in but depending on when you order from Ideal they may also include male chicks for warmth during shipping (for free). I ordered 8 Bantams about a month ago and they included 7 male chicks. I am in West Texas in a rural area (north of Coleman TX) and I tried giving away the roosters. I did local newspaper ads, Craigslist and re-homing here on BYC and got not one reply. So make sure you have enough room in your freezer. I have explained to the little guys I got that they need to really work on their wings because we enjoy hot wings.

I am in NJ. I would imagine 30 chicks is enough for warmth and would do fine without the adding of male chicks.

If you want to be sure that you will not get any roosters you can order sex link pullet chicks. They have 4 different sex links. I got 15 Black sex links last year and all arrived alive and thrived.

I bought my chicks from a local feed store who I found out after the fact they order from ideal. I ordered all pullets and got all pullets. They are almost 16 weeks old and doing great.

These are my girls.

You can also buy insurance from Ideal and they won't add any extra boys to the order. I got my 2 pekin ducks from Ideal but through a local feed store. They are healthy and doing great.

You can also buy insurance from Ideal and they won't add any extra boys to the order. I got my 2 pekin ducks from Ideal but through a local feed store. They are healthy and doing great.

Thats good to hear. The chicks are already ordered, but I don't think 30 chicks need any extras to keep them warm. If boys are present in the order, I can always give them away to a local farm.

I have 5 pullets and 2 ducks from ideal. It was supposed to be 6 pullets but 1 was D.O.A :(
They are very healthy.
My only issue is my friend that sent them for a gift ordered the rare breed assortment and I would like to know what breeds I got.
They were small little fuzzy buds and are now lively and feathering ;)
I am happy with my little flock from Ideal !

I have 5 pullets and 2 ducks from ideal. It was supposed to be 6 pullets but 1 was D.O.A
sad.png

They are very healthy.
My only issue is my friend that sent them for a gift ordered the rare breed assortment and I would like to know what breeds I got.
They were small little fuzzy buds and are now lively and feathering
wink.png

I am happy with my little flock from Ideal !

My order went very well too(i know its been almost 2 years). Of the 30 I got, 1 was DOA and 1 was a boy. But the other 28 I received were very healthy and happy. Grew up beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom