ideal poultry sending to puerto rico...

theuglyduckling

Crowing
7 Years
Nov 28, 2012
puerto rico
i ordered 10 chicks online from ideal poultry and they will be sending them to puerto rico. i was wondering if anyone thinks they will survive. i did write in the invoice to add in any extra packing peanuts. do you think most will survive or will i open a box of dead chicks?

You may lose one or two of them in shipping, but I think they will survive. I've ordered from Ideal as far away as Hawaii on several occasions, and my chicks have always survived the trip. Good luck in getting your chicks.

i hope they survive its just that i read on a thread that someone said to order from somewhere that is closest to you in order not to have as many dead chicks.

funny i just read some post on an old EE thread about the difference between Amruacanas from hatcheries that you were talking on. i actually ordered two from them.

i hope they survive its just that i read on a thread that someone said to order from somewhere that is closest to you in order not to have as many dead chicks.

funny i just read some post on an old EE thread about the difference between Amruacanas from hatcheries that you were talking on. i actually ordered two from them.

I think ordering from a closer hatchery is ideal (especially if the shipping distance is considerably less), however you don't always have that option when you live in places (like Hawaii) outside of the lower 48 states, as a lot of hatcheries don't ship outside of the lower 48 states. Despite that, I never lost more than 1 or 2 chicks in shipping, and since they always put 2 or 3 extra in the boxes, I always got what I paid for.

I purchase some chick's before from Cackle Hatchery To Puerto Rico and in 2 days I had them in my hands. No problem all healthy.

Back
Top Bottom