IDEAL Poultry....they fixed everything

I ordered from Ideal for the first time a few weeks ago, I lost 2 during shipping which was to be expected but really wished it was one of the 9!!! packing peanuts and not one blrw bantam and slc bantam but thats par for the course. Over the next week i had lost one more blrw and now one of my ameraucana bantams is acting like she is gonna pass on soon. Overall tho i had a much worse experience with mcmurray then i did with ideal. Ideal let me add to my order with no problems and their customer service is great. I never reported to them the dead ones from shipping because i knew it was a bit chilly out and its a long way from tx to mn. Guess its a chance one takes when ordering shipped birds. I am sure Ideal will make it right for you.

I ordered from Ideal Middle of September 25 crested special and then 25 pullet special. Only lost one in travel. But I was shorted 5 they wrote on the receipt 5 araucana 5barred 5 naked necks 5 black Giants 5 GLW. But they shorted me the 5 barred. Called them told them I was shorted and and 1 died and they gave me a refund for the 6. Since they were so nice and the chicks were good I ordered another 25 wellsumer pullets and 2 roos (that they piut a blue dot on their head so I would be able to tell them apart all are doing great. I would make sure I call during business hours you might get someone. But I did call during business hours and had to leave a message but they did call me back and refund. the 6. But I do have a post on the forume where you ask to figure out what the bird is because 3 of my crested are a mystery to me.

I ordered buckeye, amerucana, maran, and la fleche pullets from Ideal (not so) hatchery. The la fleche never grew, they ended up a little bigger than a bantam. The buckeyes grew up just fine as did the marans, but now that they have been laying for several months their eggs are smaller than a bantam wyndotte. As for the amerucana's they were just easter egg chickens that lay brown and green eggs, that are just a little bigger than the buckeye's and the marans. My guess is that there breeding stock is VERY inbread, and they push quantity rather than quality. The fact that that this thread has more than one post is enought proof for me to never use them again.

Quote:
maybe you need to READ the posts,, by what ive read, its a few more saying they would order again, then the other way around.
think about how many THOUSANDS of chicks they send every 2 weeks or so,, and out of (lets say) 10,000 chicks, theres a hundred, maybe less that have problems.,, now thats NOT saying some have good reasons to complain,, but look at the #'s ,, then think about how many mistakes we make each day ourselves.
and ideal dont have "breeders" they get their eggs from probably the same place all large hatcheries do. and they dont know how the chicks are, till we do,, from hatch to time of delivery, they have how much time to look and sort.

I would also order from Ideal again.

I got my very first chickens from them with one glitch - they sent me 8 instead of 9 - I called and a refund went through right away, no hassles.

Quote:
I wanted some la fleche but Sandhill really seems like a pita to deal with. I still may. I've ordered once from Ideal and all of the chicks were and are doing fine with no losses. One of the langshan pullets has lagged pretty far behind in maturing and I had to separate her and put her with younger chicks. The barred rocks I purchased could be a bit better in quality but all in all, I'd order from them again.

$160 for 50 chicks! What on earth did you buy? Especially since you said that you only wanted the one chick that died! There was no reason to order that many to 'fill the order'.

Hope your babies' leg problems resolve soon.

My spring chicks were from Ideal. I received 14 chicks in perfect health. I got the correct # of all 5 breeds I ordered and didn't get a single roo. After reading all of the advice on this board last winter I waited until April to have mine shipped here to PA giving them a better chance to arrive at my place safe & sound. I have nothing but good to say about Ideal & their customer service....

Ideal can only send the chicks...how they grow up is also enviornmental thing.....how they are fed, wormed and what maladies they contract.....affect how they will mature, most hatchery birds are not nearly as big as show birds.....I have ordered twice from Ideal and the people there are super, they bent over backward to accomodate me and my birds were shipped COD, I think it may be pretty normal to loose a couple, especially this time of year, and Ideal certainly doesn`t have any control (or any hatchery for that matter!), over how they were treated enroute.....there are just too many things that can happen, but I do think they will refund money on chicks up to 48 hours.......I ordered 75 chicks from Murray one time and the Post Office had them sitting in the back room in in outside temps around 30 degrees...they arrived around 6:30 am..I was sitting there waiting on them because I worked 3rd shift and was afraid I would go to sleep and not wake in time to get them, I waited till 7:30 when the postal workers showed up and let me take them, they didn`t open till 8 but I live in a small town. I lost 42 chicks...in 48 hours.
sad.png
I called and was sent a new shipment...my reason to say this is it can happen to anyone and from any hatchery, because they have no control over what happens after they leave there......JMHO, Jane

Back
Top Bottom