Ideal poultry

I ordered welsummers australorps and ameraucanas which I'm sure are Easter eggers. I did not vaccinate. I am one that belives garlic and acc and what ever else I have cures all. Dry I'm on mobile and it sucks. I'll be back inside on a computer in a few. I am outside w my babies letting them free range now

I loved my Welsummers.... Great personalities even the Roos .... I ordered 20 hens and 4 roos.... Not from Ideal but from a good hatchery.... I figured at least two of the roos would be good examples and the others could go into the bachelor flock.

Glad i did I lost one to accident when they finally matured two were outstanding and one was just a goofball... I didnt have the heart to put him in the bachelor flock. But they alll got along....

I dont handle my chickens except for the occasional inspection and administration for Boo Boos. Even at that they would follow me around... Probably because I had the feed.

I dont vaccinate... my place is isolated I practice biosecurity... but if I get Merecks in my flock I want to know it.... The vaccine shouldnt be called a vaccine.... It only keeps them from getting the symptoms.. It does not keep them from getting the disease and passing it on.

Other vaccines I would do if it were an issue in my area.....

deb

We are the opposite I was really hoping to get some packing peanuts, some extra roos that I could eat later on haha.

We couldn't bring ourselves to eating them, so we had 7 aggressive roosters for awhile
1f602.png

One thing I forgot to mention- if you're wanting your chick to be vaccinated, they don't recommend it for small back yard flocks. I'm not exactly sure why. You have that option when ordering but it will pop up and tell you that it's not recommended. You might already know this, so don't know if this helps at all!
Best of luck to you and your chicks!!! :)

One thing I forgot to mention- if you're wanting your chick to be vaccinated, they don't recommend it for small back yard flocks. I'm not exactly sure why. You have that option when ordering but it will pop up and tell you that it's not recommended. You might already know this, so don't know if this helps at all!
Best of luck to you and your chicks!!! :)

I didn't know that, thank you.

I ordered 12 silkies to be shipped July 6th from ideal poultry.
*Has anyone ever order the variety pack of silkies, if so what colors did you get?
*Were the chicks healthy?
*Where the chicks good quality?
*Did you receive any "packing peanuts"?
*Did you get straight run, if so how many turned out to be hens/roosters?

Got 12 slikies 2 years ago from Ideal. They ended up being a mix of white, grey, buff and blue. They were definitely healthy and all survived. As for quality, don't expect exhibition type birds. We got no packing peanuts since our order included other breeds. Of the 12, 7 were cockerels and 5 pullets.

P
Got 12 slikies 2 years ago from Ideal. They ended up being a mix of white, grey, buff and blue. They were definitely healthy and all survived. As for quality, don't expect exhibition type birds. We got no packing peanuts since our order included other breeds. Of the 12, 7 were cockerels and 5 pullets.

Did you get the assortment pack of silkies, or pick out the colors?

Back
Top Bottom