Ideal Poultry?

I placed an order with themfor the first time in July this year. I ordered 7 day old chicks. I bought 3 EE’s, 2 salmon favorelles, and 2 cuckoo Marans. Overall, I’m very pleased, they all survived and I now have 4 hens laying, still waiting for the favorelles to lay, not sure why they aren’t yet. My only somewhat complaint would be that I specifically ordered salmon favorelles hens because I love how they look. Mine don’t look like what you see if you google them, with the lighter coloring underneath. They are darker reddish/brown, which I have heard will likely happen with hatchery favorelles. My order was for 7 pullets, but I now have a beautiful Cuckoo Marans Rooster. One out of 7 isn’t too bad, I suppose lol. I would order from them again.
:welcome :frow Some breeds and individual birds lay differently. I have had some that started at 16 weeks and others nearly 9 months before they started to lay.

I've never considered ordering from Ideal, due to many claims of poor quality stock. However, it's come to my attention recently that some individuals feel their Old English Game bantams are decent. Honestly, who wouldn't be taken in by the allure of stunning varieties unavailable anywhere else? ;) Thoughts, experiences, and pictures of Ideal OEGBs would be greatly appreciated. :)

~Alex

Really, this shipping time thing is just strange. I see where people get chicks next day from Texas to PA, but my order from TX to AR is in transit scheduled to take 3days. Seems wonky to me.

Back
Top Bottom