Ideal Poultry!

Have you ordered from Ideal Poultry this year (2011)?

• I ordered and already got my birds.

Votes: 66 36.7%
  • I ordered and I am awaiting my order!

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I wanted to order but they are sold out of what I want.

Votes: 18 10.0%
  • No. (This option is for Illia ;-)

Votes: 37 20.6%

• Total voters
I really don't understand...I ordered 100 chicks from Privett that arrived 9/30. I lost a total of 1 and the other 99 are growing so fast, my hired man could not believe they were only a month old. I ordered 50 from Ideal...of those 50 I have 26 survivors. THe difference, I gave the privett chicks probios powder in their water for five days...as instructed by Privett. I gave the Ideal chicks gro gel as instructed by Ideal. I am half tempted to try again and start them on probios to see if it makes a difference. Everything else was the same. The Ideal chicks went in the brooder house with the Privett chicks...(separate quarters of course), same starter feed, same temp in the brooder...very strange.

And thanks for the advice about debeaking...I thought the beaks grew back but it would protect their little eyes in shipment.

Quote:
Did not go well, just got a call from the post office that all the chicks are dead.
Called Ideal and they offered to reship, but if the post office can't get them here alive there is no sense trying again until the weather warms up.

I have an order of light brahmas scheduled to ship from them on the 7th. Can't wait until they get here.

smile.png

I have ordered from Ideal and have been very happy with them.

I'd rather buy chicks from Ideal hatchery, I've bought from them before & lost around 5. I wouldn't buy from meyers hatchery ever
again..

I had very good luck with my order from Privet Hatchery.No losses in shipment,and only lost one out of 100 in the first two months.They grew fast,good feed conversion ration,very little aggression in the coop to smaller chicks. I just sold all 100 and no one could believe they were only two months old.
My bantams from Ideal, (the ones that survived) are amazing. I have no idea what kind of chicks they are, but they are adorable. Of the 50 I ordered, 26 survived to the one month mark. I will post some pics of them and perhaps someone can help me identify what they are.??

I recieved my order from ideal last week.

i ordered 12 and they sent me 3 packing peanuts.
so 25 birds total

ALL alive and healthy, even in the cold weather.

i give ideal an a+

Back
Top Bottom