Ideal Poultry!

Have you ordered from Ideal Poultry this year (2011)?

• I ordered and already got my birds.

Votes: 66 36.7%
  • I ordered and I am awaiting my order!

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I wanted to order but they are sold out of what I want.

Votes: 18 10.0%
  • No. (This option is for Illia ;-)

Votes: 37 20.6%

• Total voters
25 out of 42 chicks the surprise box. Kinda dissapointed but it's alright. Still very happy!

This is exactly why I have been hesitant to buy a surprise assortment. I would want a true assortment and 25 of the same anything would disappoint me. I really don't have room for 25 more so 42 would be out of the question. I have never tried to sell chickens on Craigslist... primarily because I have only had chickens for about 6 months but also because I am a little nervous about having strangers at my house. By the way, why 42? That is an interesting choice.

I ordered 40 they sent 42. I listed them before I even received them. I've sold 15 so I've made all my money back already. So I'm OK with it. I'm ordering one from cackle seeing if they are any better for variety. I'm not sure what breed I want so I'm going to keep a little from each I get. And just slowly keep selling chicks. I'm keeping the runts and chicks that have pecked eyes. I've always been partial to the needy animals.

I ordered 40 they sent 42. I listed them before I even received them. I've sold 15 so I've made all my money back already. So I'm OK with it. I'm ordering one from cackle seeing if they are any better for variety. I'm not sure what breed I want so I'm going to keep a little from each I get. And just slowly keep selling chicks. I'm keeping the runts and chicks that have pecked eyes. I've always been partial to the needy animals.

I've ordered 3 of the surprises from Cackle. I was very pleased. For mine, they seem to send them in groups of 2 or 3 of a kind. So there was lots of variety. I sold enough to pay for it each time (or came close to it).

What do you sell your chicks for?

Got my last (though I've said that a few times already) order of chicks placed. 50 of the crested. They should be here Thursday. I got a pretty good assortment last time, and I'm hoping for another one!

Do you sell the chicks or raise them up. I had a lady buy 70.00 worth of poultry today

I've got a lot on my plate right now but in the late winter maybe February, I'm going to start making some orders and keeping my favorites and selling the rest. .. I didn't plan to do that but I've been reading the last few posts that have inspired me. Now I just have to get my wife on board with this plan.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom