Ideal Poultry

What chicks are still available this week?
fl.gif
Really hoping to order bantam Ameraucanas soon!

The Surprise Special still says it is only available for the August 24th hatch!
ep.gif

Quote:
Sadly, their website is usually out of date by a week or so. Otherwise, it is a wonderful website, I just wish they would make it more of a priority to keep it updated. That is one of my few complaints with them, otherwise they are excellent and their birds are healthy and very affordable.

I called them, and they are sold out this week, so I placed an order for next week.

Quote:
The DO NOT sell ameraucanas. They sell Easter Eggers.

I realize that, but since I was addressing someone at Ideal poultry (I thought), I used their term rather than the BYC-accepted "Easter Egger"...

I have both "Easter Eggers" and some actual Ameraucanas.

My Flock rooster is a Silver Ameraucana, I have a Lavender Ameraucana hen, 2 black split Lav hens, 3 wheatens and then 3 EEs as well.

The nice thing about my hatchery "Easter Eggers" is that they lay much better than my pure Ameraucanas and they are friendlier.

I started my chicken addiction last year with 7 Hatchery "Easter Eggers", and a year and half and MANY birds later, I have decided they are my favorite "breed".

Quote:
The DO NOT sell ameraucanas. They sell Easter Eggers.

I realize that, but since I was addressing someone at Ideal poultry (I thought), I used their term rather than the BYC-accepted "Easter Egger"...

I have both "Easter Eggers" and some actual Ameraucanas.

My Flock rooster is a Silver Ameraucana, I have a Lavender Ameraucana hen, 2 black split Lav hens, 3 wheatens and then 3 EEs as well.

The nice thing about my hatchery "Easter Eggers" is that they lay much better than my pure Ameraucanas and they are friendlier.

I started my chicken addiction last year with 7 Hatchery "Easter Eggers", and a year and half and MANY birds later, I have decided they are my favorite "breed".

Their term is wrong, they are misleading buyers by advertising ameraucanas/araucanas or however they spell it. The correct term is easter egger.

It really doesn't matter if their term is wrong or not. She was addressing Ideal Poultry and they call them ameracaunas. If she called them Easter eggers there mitt be a mix up and she get the wrong thing.

It really doesn't matter what they call them, we all know what they are and there's no reason in arguing about it

Quote:
Post edited by Staff

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom