Ideal

chixrus

Songster
11 Years
Oct 24, 2008
has anyone ordered from Ideal hatchery? i ordered from Welp last year, and though i was happy, they charged me for everything, including if i didn't order at least 5 from every breed or gender.

There are many people who like Ideal. I strongly discourage buying from them. I am a person who expects people to carefully select their breeders. Few Hatcheries do that. Ideal is one of the worst. I have gotten Mallards whose wings never grew through and they were not able to fly. I had another Mallard whom I am positive was a cross. I bought Jaerhorns and a lot of them were a mess. I lost 5 of them within the first couple days. I have never had that happen with other birds. If you want quality I suggest you go to Mt. Healthy They have been the best in my experience.

I have ordered twice from ideal. The birds I have received have been more then satisfactory for my needs. All of my Khaki Campbells (6) are healthy, happy, good natured beauties. They are all admittedly pet quality, but that is fine for me.
When my ducks came, I also was "blessed" with 15 packing peanut Barred Rock roos. At first, I was like "what the heck!", but all of those boys were healthy, good natured beauties too, and I fell in love with them!

My daughter and I just received our second order from Ideal of Welsummer and Golden Comet babies and adore them! Again, all healthy, happy, delightful little birds!

The prices are good, the orders come quickly, and I have yet to lose even one bird of the 34 birds I have received from their hatchery.

I have also had email communications with Mikeala at Ideal and she was very personable, was helpful, accomodating and had good customer relations. I enjoyed our interaction.

So, for me in MO, Ideal is a great place to order from!
cool.png

Hi,

I've ordered from Ideal this year and at least once or twice a year - for the last 3-4 years. I've never had a problem with death loss from them. They've all arrived safely - when they were supposed to. Several of the bantam breeds have gone on to hatch out beautiful chicks. I also ordered geese from them this Spring and three of the four are very, very true to the breed standards - one has a neck that is a tick too long...no big deal! I love it anyway!

I would not hesitate to order from Ideal in the future. God willing, I'm certain I'll be placing another order OR THREE in the Spring!

Back
Top Bottom