Ideal

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by AtRendeAcres, Jun 7, 2008.

1. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    I am wondering if anyone has bought from Ideal lately?
    I just did! (I was going to order from Crackle but, heard the problem with customer service & I have an order coming from Welp (Cornish) & wanted it the same week)

how many did you get?

If so how was the order you received?

[​IMG] my last 2 orders I were bad! (((Oct/07 & 2/08!))) before that I always ordering from them all the time: I have been able to see personality difference in the birds from Ideal & ones gotton at the feed store!

I am hoping with it being warmer I will have no problems! I only ordered only 8 bantams & I know they will put males in for warmth ((not real happy about that but, I am sure someone will take them)) but, last 2 times I ordered extra chickens & it didn't help!!!

Joanne

2. GlacierNan

GlacierNan Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I ordered 26 chicks and 4 ducks from Ideal that arrived May 22. They all made it and are doing terrific! I found customer service great even though I added ducks 2 weeks before my order was to ship and then changed the kind of ducks just days before shipping!! They probably had a few choice words for me:barnie
    I also asked for no peanuts and didn't get any extras, thank goodness!
    Good luck to you on your order.[​IMG]

3. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    My first time ever order from Ideal arrived one month ago. I also asked for no extra packing peanuts and didn't get any.

I ordered 15 chicks and 5 Guineas. They arrived a day early (yippee!) and doing great. They are all growing just fine and I was very happy with Ideal from start to finish.

I'll order from them again next year.

I do believe that weather plays a large part in how chicks arrive. The colder outside the more chance of having issues with the chicks. That was one reason I ordered for a May delivery and not February or March.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by