Ideas For Christmas, Inexpensive Home-made, Reasonable websites

MagsC

Queen Of Clueless
11 Years
Jul 27, 2008
Minnesota
To some it may seem kind of early to be thinking about Christmas! I buy as I can all year around.
smile.png

I would like ideas for inexpensive home made products, web links of reasonable places to shop etc. There are all ages in my large family and this year without some inovative thinking could be kind of tough.
Because of where I am located I do most of my shopping online.
And this may seem kind of silly, but I am also looking for a GOOD online source for flannel pajamas.(besides e-bay) Its been kind of my tradition for the past several years on Christmas Eve to hand out flannel pajamas to whoever is there that night.We have had a lot of fun with it, especially "matching" the pjs to the person...last year my father got "grinch" pajamas.
smile.png

Mags, I do several different things for homemade Christmas gifts:
Candy - I keep it simple. No expensive molds or flavorings. My three regulars are fudge, coconut haystacks, and peanut brittle.
Bath salts - easy and inexpensive to make. The most expensive part of making them is the essential oils, but a little of them goes a long way.
Potpourri burners - requires quart canning jars, potpourri, a doiley (sp?) and some Christmas lights. A favorite.
Let me know if you are interested in any of these and I'll let you know how to make.
I believe JC Penney's still sells flannel PJs in their catalog or at www.jcpenneys.com and relatively inexpensive (compared to places like LL Bean).

here you go http://www.mrbreakfast.com/gift_jars.asp
I
also take a log about six inches in diameter and have my dh level the bottom of it and then he drills three holes in it for candles. I then whip melted parafin wax and drop it by spoonfulls around the base of the candles. I sprinkle glitter on the "snow" and add tiny woodland creatures or tiny pinecones or holly around the candles on the log. they make beautiful christmas decorations for the table.

Last edited:
Zookeeper, thank you so much for the link to that thread! I am sure it will be helpful.
smile.png

gritsar, I would be VERY interested in how to make the candies (I have never made candy! What a great idea!),bath salts and potpourri burners. And I didnt know jc penney still sold flannels much less had a website. Great to know!
smile.png

ozark hen, thank you as well for the link and the directions to make the christmas decoration. It sounds beautiful and I plan on trying my hand at it this year.
smile.png

Mags, correction: It's www.jcpenney.com (without the s). I just typed flannel pajamas into their site search and got all kinds of PJs.
I'll try to get back with you this weekend on how to make candies to start with. Not hard. Especially peanut brittle, it's real easy with few ingredients.
Right now I'm dealing with an injured fiance'. I think I'd rather have an injured 600 lb. bull in the house.
barnie.gif

Ooo.
sad.png
Sorry to hear that! I understand though, when times come up that I have to care for my fiance, I think I would rather have the bull too!!!
roll.png

Just get back to me when you get a chance, no rush and hope all goes well.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom