Ideas for nest boxes, recycled materials, etc

cupman

Songster
8 Years
Apr 12, 2011
Portland, OR
So I have a bunch of junk around my property and I built my coop about 80% out of recycled materials and I kind of like the thought of that. I kind of made some mistakes, I built my coop before I even bought chicks, sometimes I get ahead of myself. Well, since that time I have read a book and this helpful forum and I realize I designed my nesting boxes all wrong. I originally built one little nesting box for each chicken but I now understand that is unnecessary. Anyways, I was just looking for some suggestions, things like milk crates or whatever that may have been converted into a nesting box. I see so much creativity on the coop/run board that makes me envious. I am not half as creative as a lot of you people. Well any suggestions would be great, thanks.

Quote:
"If you don't have anything, use anything"

I used scrap wood to build a 8 nest cluster. Others on this forum have used anything from 5 gal buckets, kitty litter buckets, milk carton crates, and just about anything that forms a cubby-hole.

I used 2 old dresser`s,gutted them and rebuilt 4 bxs. in each with the drawers and they also roost on top.

Back
Top Bottom