Ideas for washable/reusable chicken bedding for nesting box?

I've seen reviews on Youtube for various types of reusable bedding for nesting boxes (like nesting pads), but, seeing them, they look so flimsy and thin, I feel like my hens would not use them because they're not soft enough like a nest. I was thinking about fake grass, but I'm afraid they will peck/scratch at it and swallow plastic pieces. Anyone have any suggestions for good reusable/washable chicken bedding to use for nesting boxes?
I use straw in our egg nests but under each nest I have vinyl flooring that can be removed and rinsed. I had some scraps left over. But I know we used to buy 12 squares for a $1 each. That was a few years back though!

I use these nesting box pads in some, hay or shavings in others. The girls don't mind the plastic. Sometimes I put some shavings on top too, I like that I can pull them out and hose them off.

Duncan's Chicken Nesting Pads (6 PACK) - Dura-Pad Poultry Mats for Bedding and Laying Eggs - Chickens, Ducks, and Hens - Washable Reusable Box Liners with Air Circulation and Waste Filtering https://a.co/d/gBIR3Q6

Back
Top Bottom