Ideas on a self-sustainable flock?

Yes, people are vulnerable on their temples too. A good breeder might breed it occasionally just due to the wrong combination, however, I don't think many actively breed for it anyway.
:thumbsup

Yeah, cause i think ive seen in movies or read online it can kill same for weak spots on the neck i think? Maybe i watch too much tv haha

And yeah, i think occasionally by accident is fine. The ad i saw made it seem like the apple head was desirable :(

@Whittni and @KDOGG331
please take the dog discussion offline(out of this thread)
maybe to a conversation?

Sorry @aart ! Got a bit sidetracked I suppose. No need to go to a PM though since I think the conversation is about over anyway :)

Anyway, sorry.

And I'll bring it back on topic:

Anyone have experience with these? Called Gray Ranger on the site but I think they're also called Kosher Kings

https://www.meyerhatchery.com/productinfo.a5w?prodID=KKRS

Or this one?

https://www.meyerhatchery.com/productinfo.a5w?prodID=BRBS

Or any of the other meat birds at Meyer. I think the rest are just the rainbow rangers and CX.

https://www.meyerhatchery.com/productlist.a5w?subcat=5081&cat=1020

So I just found this, it was from Feather Face, my muffed bird. She started laying last week, and has laid me 5 eggs in 7 days, nice green ones, that have some brown flecks in them, and they have less sheen than my other EE (or AM or whatever they are). Hers are always more matte feeling, maybe even a bit grainy feeling?.... Today she laid this shell-less egg. I thought it was poop in the box at first, but then pulled out the straw because I had heard about this... but cant recal what I read. Is this just an "oops" or is their something I should do? (add something to her diet, worry, etc...)

Attachments

• shell_less egg.JPG
    shell_less egg.JPG
    479.4 KB · Views: 5
So I just found this, it was from Feather Face, my muffed bird. She started laying last week, and has laid me 5 eggs in 7 days, nice green ones, that have some brown flecks in them, and they have less sheen than my other EE (or AM or whatever they are). Hers are always more matte feeling, maybe even a bit grainy feeling?.... Today she laid this shell-less egg. I thought it was poop in the box at first, but then pulled out the straw because I had heard about this... but cant recal what I read. Is this just an "oops" or is their something I should do? (add something to her diet, worry, etc...)
Probably a fluke, but to be safe, make sure she has access to plenty of oyster shell free choice.

I'm using the big sack of Layer Feed that my local farmer/feed store sells. (They only sell the one brand, its legit) Its non-medicated. I switched the ladies last week from the "pullet grower". (2 of 5 aren't laying yet so the week before i was mixing half and half. )They usually free range all day at will, but have been hunkered down for the past 5 or 6 days in the barn, in the -18C and 12+ inches of fluffy snow we've gotten. Today was the first time they ventured out, in the melt!! They lasted 10 minutes then back in out of the wind. I hope its a fluke.

What is oyster shell and where do I get this?

Feed mill should have oyster shell.
Does your feed have a nutrient percentage label/tag on it?
It's the law in the US....but feed mills can be iffy.

Ok, thanks. I'm in Canada, yes it says 17% I believe. Maybe 18? Ill check tomorrow.

Its a store, they dont mill their own.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom