Identification problems!! Please help

NewToTheFlock

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 11, 2014
Quinlan Texas
[/IMG]Can anyone help me? I would really like to know what breeds of chicken these are.

Cyan Night

Songster
6 Years
Jul 31, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I see what looks like a barred rock and a light brahma. Not sure about the ones in the back. The orangish one looks like it might be a mix, not 100% on that though

Cowgirl71

Songster
9 Years
Feb 5, 2010
Missouri Ozarks
The black/white striped bird is a Barred Rock rooster. The white/black bird with feathered legs is a Light Brahma. I could tell gender with a better pic. If you post good profile pics of each bird we'll be happy to help you. :) (If you're wanting to know gender, it also really helps if we know how many weeks old they are)

Edited to add: Welcome to BYC!!!

Last edited:

NewToTheFlock

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 11, 2014
Quinlan Texas
Thanks. It's the red one giving me the brain tremors. It is really tall compared to the rest of my flock. And those are Ameraucanas in the back.

BantamLover21

Crowing
7 Years
Jul 24, 2013
[/URL]Can anyone help me? I would really like to know what breeds of chicken these are. The striped bird in front is a Barred Plymouth Rock, and is probably a rooster. The white bird peeking out of the left side is a Light Brahma, and I'm thinking pullet.

This one is also a puzzler. These are the only two I can't identify. Definitely a rooster. As for breed, I'm not sure. All I know is that its color variety is "Crele." (also spelled "Creole.")

it has a rose comb. Actually, that doesn't appear to be a rose comb. It looks more like a strawberry or cushion comb. Both of those combs are similar to rose combs, except for the fact that they lack the round extension (called a "spike" or "leader") at the end of a comb. This an example of a rose comb: See the "spike" at the end of the comb?

Anyway, your bird looks like some sort of game breed, like the Malay, Shamo, Aseel. Could be a mix of those breeds, too, or a rarer gamebird breed that I don't know about. Regardless of breed, it is a rooster.

Last edited:

WyandotteIndeed

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 18, 2012
Southern Oregon
I am also in agreement. You have in the first photo two roos for sure: the barred plymouth rock and the buff something. The light brahma looks like a pullet, but a whole body pic might be good. in the back I would love to see their heads, but there is a blue and a splash something (oh, just realized you said they were ameraucanas). As for the last roo, the crele, he sure looks like a pendesenca, but then there are quite a few color mixes that would yield something looking like him so who knows.

Top Bottom