Identify ducklings? Take a peek at these "Pekins"

1f602.png

I got them from Santa Fe feed down in Alvin, Tx. Kind of a mom and pop place really. I hear now, after the fact, that it's kind of a sketchy place and by sketchy I think people mean that you may not get what you thought...

my experience with the feed stores around here are the feed store workers don't know what they order because they order a box of straight run mixed breeds. I have seen the boxes that were shipped to my feed store...
The feed store has swore up and down they only order girls...NOT true..the boxes out front in their trash prove otherwise.

my experience with the feed stores around here are the feed store workers don't know what they order because they order a box of straight run mixed breeds.  I have seen the boxes that were shipped to my feed store...
The feed store has swore up and down they only order girls...NOT true..the boxes out front in their trash prove otherwise.

Amen. lol that's exactly how the guy explained it to me. He said he thought there were pekins in the box and was wrong. He said he ordered 40 mix straight run. Now I have 3 buffs and a WH. But it's all an honest mistake it seems. Just found out that he feed store is under new management, so the sketchy people we know for the feed store owners are gone.

Amen. lol that's exactly how the guy explained it to me. He said he thought there were pekins in the box and was wrong. He said he ordered 40 mix straight run. Now I have 3 buffs and a WH. But it's all an honest mistake it seems. Just found out that he feed store is under new management, so the sketchy people we know for the feed store owners are gone.

wait til you find out they are all males.
My first feed store buy of 8 "girls" ended up all being boys!
I learned real quick after that impulse buy!

It's funny now to me after seeing sooooo many people make the same mistake, but at the time they are so cute and we just really had no knowledge.

Good luck with your babies!

Back
Top Bottom