identify strange duck

Please don't just let her go. I think you should find a good animal shelter and take her. If the owners want her back they can go there to get her. She obviously came to you for help.

The shelter should be able to keep her for a bit if someone is looking for her,but they may also have to destroy her after a while. I'd let them know though so they have your info if the owner shows up. I would suggest if you have the room,time,& patience to find her owner you might keep her there with you. She might not get back home safely if let free again. I have a lost dog at my place right now & that's about what I was told by the shelter.

Ooops! I must have had this open for a bit answering. I just said what others said! Edited for being redundant
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I agree with what has been said. I would keep her and try to find the original owner for a few days, then put her up in a shelter if your shelter takes ducks, or try to find her a home.

Last edited:
Looking at her face I'd say 4-6 months. Muscovies are completely different than runners in personality, they are laid back, more like a puppy than skiddish like runners can be, wag their tails like doggies too. I wouldn't let her out on her own to try to find her way home. Most likely she would be eaten pretty quick. Wish i was close I'd take her in a heartbeat. And by the way my Muscovies get along great with my goose.
wink.png

thanks to all who responded. I knew in my hearts of hearts that taking in this sweet little muscovy was the right thing to do!I sure do wish I could road trip with her to Maine!
wee.gif

I will be asking neighbors after work this afternoon and then check with the local shelter. I'll keep you all posted. who knows after having a less than great relationship with Runners, maybe this little girl will steal my heart by the weekend, but then I'll have to get her a friend???
hugs.gif

thanks to all who responded. I knew in my hearts of hearts that taking in this sweet little muscovy was the right thing to do!I sure do wish I could road trip with her to Maine!
wee.gif

I will be asking neighbors after work this afternoon and then check with the local shelter. I'll keep you all posted. who knows after having a less than great relationship with Runners, maybe this little girl will steal my heart by the weekend, but then I'll have to get her a friend???
hugs.gif

2 muscovies are better than 1
wink.png

I hope you find her owner or a good home for her. I love my runners, but for a pet duck, the pair of muscovies I have beat them hands down. Just like someone else said, they're like puppies.``

I have muscovies and runners. I love both, but the muscovies are sooooo calm in comparison to the runners. And even in comparison to my Pekin. They are very personable. I bet if you get her a sister, they will both steal your heart!!!!

Now you guys are all making me want to consider keeping her and getting a sister?? could be fun. I do miss my runners, but so messy with the duck holes everywhere and skittish, even though they did come running when it was dinner time! Going to call shelter now. wish me luck!

Back
Top Bottom