Identify this goose?

Looks like a Pilgrim goose. I raise those and she looks just like my girls. That’s sad too because they are critically endangered.
This is a Pilgrim goose and gander below. The female is gray and the gander is white.

Attachments

• 56BC0834-D747-495C-A8B3-46CA11DBD7BC.jpeg
    56BC0834-D747-495C-A8B3-46CA11DBD7BC.jpeg
    255.2 KB · Views: 4
she was okay last time I visited, I'll be going back within the next couple days to take her some more food

I don't think she'll starve, but I feel better checking on her now and again anyway incase she's ever unwell. The birds in that area often end up injured
She won’t starve. They are very good and getting little minnows and finding patches of grass and she will learn quickly from the other geese how to survive. The are incredibly smart and resilient. Never a bad thing to go and give her some treats though every once I awhile 😉

You can't find anyone that might adopt her? it would be so nice if someone gave her a home.
I might try posting again on a different page but Im not too sure anyone will claim her, I sure wish I knew local poultry keepers who could help.

Unfortunately bird flu is the main problem, no one is willing to take birds in, even rescue centres. If she were a duck I'd do it myself without hesitation :(

Looks like a Pilgrim goose. I raise those and she looks just like my girls. That’s sad too because they are critically endangered.
This is a Pilgrim goose and gander below. The female is gray and the gander is white.
they're gorgeous! Wow I didnt know they were endangered. It really sucks. Ive always had a soft spot for geese.
She won’t starve. They are very good and getting little minnows and finding patches of grass and she will learn quickly from the other geese how to survive. The are incredibly smart and resilient. Never a bad thing to go and give her some treats though every once I awhile 😉
This was my thought too! Its a big lake full of small fish, and there's a ton of grass too. Basically a field. The only issue relating to food is any candy etc that kids feed them. But I don't think that happens too often

She does look very similar to a female Pilgrim Goose, except her eyes. Only the ganders are supposed to have blue eyes.
She has a bit to much gray to be a West of England, though both geese and ganders have blue eyes. Same with a Pomeranian.
She could be a mixed breed too, which can be common 🤷🏼‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom