Identify this goose?

BelovedBirds

Crossing the Road
Nov 8, 2021
England
Curious what breed this goose is. I saw her at my local lake, and when I got out the car she charged over fully determined and wanted treats from my hands. Never met a wild goose so tame.
The park area has many canadian geese, and also several greylags.
20221128_133408.jpg
20221128_133343.jpg
at first I thought greylag, but I noticed this one has more white on her face, is paler grey, and has blue eyes.
Opinions? Sure am hoping she's wild. I really know nothing about geese, but Im curious.
20221128_133340.jpg

Domestic goose, probably a cross breed and definitly dumped. If it was a wild species or at least a feral goose he/she wouldn’t be so trusting. Poor thing is used to being fed and cared for by people. If there isn’t an abundant food source there and if there are predators in the area her chances of survival aren’t very high.

Domestic goose, probably a cross breed and definitly dumped. If it was a wild species or at least a feral goose he/she wouldn’t be so trusting. Poor thing is used to being fed and cared for by people. If there isn’t an abundant food source there and if there are predators in the area her chances of survival aren’t very high.
Well, there you go. I would rescue her, if I could. Poor thing. With winter coming on, too...

Any rescues in your area? Or geese aficionados?
aficionados?
No rescues are taking waterfowl atm because of bird flu, I tried that earlier this year for a dumped pekin, but to no avail. I dont think anyone would help her.

I could try and find facebook groups, or pet related websites, they have lost and found pet pages. So I could post a photo of her and let the community know she's there incase she's an escapee and being looked for. But I think the chances of someone looking for her is pretty slim. And who knows where she came from.

Back
Top Bottom