Sick goose

That is great she is already eating better.
I don't know the time frame for killing off gape worms but I would think it would at least get started right away once in her system.

Did they say to keep her on the antibiotic the other vet started her on?
I hope the Asper test comes back negative also.

Thanks for the update.
No they didn't want her onnit and it's mostly used for chickens. The zoo avaian guy said she didn't need antibiotics they are really thinking worms or asper 😢 hoping the test comes back negative as well TY

She's home they sent test off for Asper and they gave ivermectin in case of gapeworm the parasitic lab was not available as on weekend. The cbc was just slightly elevated wbc and otherwise normal. She is eating better today... if it was gapeworm how fast would the injection work? She's going back to exotics for a follow up as well
Elevated WBC can be a sign of disease but it can also be from stress which is normal considering she’s been to the vet twice in a short time. I’m not saying that it doesn’t mean that she’s fighting a disease but it isn’t necessarily proof of it. Usually dramatically elevated WBC is a sign of asper.

If she comes back positive for asper request turbinafine if they try to put her on itraconazole. Turbinafine is safer than itraconazole.

Elevated WBC can be a sign of disease but it can also be from stress which is normal considering she’s been to the vet twice in a short time. I’m not saying that it doesn’t mean that she’s fighting a disease but it isn’t necessarily proof of it. Usually dramatically elevated WBC is a sign of asper.

If she comes back positive for asper request turbinafine if they try to put her on itraconazole. Turbinafine is safer than itraconazole.
Tysm ❤️ I'm hoping not. That's what they said too that her cbc other than slightly elevated wbc was pretty boring and that was good and possibly just from stress. That if she had gape combined with the subzero Temps and winterstorm we just had could have caused her to develop the coughing and laryngitis. She seems better today and that's great. Also great we know where to take the geese anytime something is wrong. I had such a hard time getting a vet for her.

Tysm ❤️ I'm hoping not. That's what they said too that her cbc other than slightly elevated wbc was pretty boring and that was good and possibly just from stress. That if she had gape combined with the subzero Temps and winterstorm we just had could have caused her to develop the coughing and laryngitis. She seems better today and that's great. Also great we know where to take the geese anytime something is wrong. I had such a hard time getting a vet for her.
Yeah it’s hard finding a vet for geese anywhere, I’m glad you found a good one!

Any update on the testing they did? how is your sweet goose doing?
Asper test still not back but she's really so much better I'm thinking gapeworms def taking her to the follow-up and having them send a test for that out to the parasite lab. They looked at it under a microscope but said they would have 50 50 chance on seeing it. I'm so happy she better 🥰

Back
Top Bottom