Identifying Some Peachicks

Well then # 2 and # 7 are a little young to be sure about, but I still think #7 is bronze.

My bronze chicks are 16 weeks now, took these pics this morning.

I traded the Bronze barred wing for this little hen. Trying to figure out if she is a Cameo Pied or a Peach Pied. Father is Cameo Pied WE split Peach and possible moms are Cameo BS, Peach or a Peach split to White, Pied or WE. Any thoughts??

Your bronze guy got a lot of black feathers now, Not sure if this is a white flight feather on his wing? Is he split white?

Not sure about your second chick, but maybe a cameo pied white eyed? I haven't hatched any cameo chicks before, and got no luck with my cameo trio this year.

Your bronze guy got a lot of black feathers now, Not sure if this is a white flight feather on his wing? Is he split white?

Not sure about your second chick, but maybe a cameo pied white eyed? I haven't hatched any cameo chicks before, and got no luck with my cameo trio this year.

He is split to something, remember this picture, it shows his white feathers. Mom could have been a bronze WE split to pied, or maybe dad is carrying something hidden.

I thought the little hen was a Cameo Pied, then when I got her home and out in the sun she looked so orange I started thinking she might be Peach pied, another mystery chick!
barnie.gif

He is split to something, remember this picture, it shows his white feathers. Mom could have been a bronze WE split to pied, or maybe dad is carrying something hidden.

I thought the little hen was a Cameo Pied, then when I got her home and out in the sun she looked so orange I started thinking she might be Peach pied, another mystery chick!
barnie.gif
As i understand from people who raised cameo here its will get different colors shapes in different light situation, also someone once told me that cameo bird will different color each season, sometimes they will be lighter, sometimes they will be darker, not sure if this is true?

As i understand from people who raised cameo here its will get different colors shapes in different light situation, also someone once told me that cameo bird will different color each season, sometimes they will be lighter, sometimes they will be darker, not sure if this is true?

My Cameo BS hen is almost 20 years old now and I've had her since she was 3 months, she has been the same color every year, but she is BS. I know the Cameo barred wing will fade as the season goes on, getting very light by the time they molt, but I didn't know they can be different from year to year. It is the Orange color that is throwing me, I've looked at a bunch of pictures of Cameos and Peaches today and honestly sometimes the peach look tan and sometimes they look orange, same goes for the Cameos some pics make them look tan and some make them look orange.
idunno.gif

My Cameo BS hen is almost 20 years old now and I've had her since she was 3 months, she has been the same color every year, but she is BS. I know the Cameo barred wing will fade as the season goes on, getting very light by the time they molt, but I didn't know they can be different from year to year. It is the Orange color that is throwing me, I've looked at a bunch of pictures of Cameos and Peaches today and honestly sometimes the peach look tan and sometimes they look orange, same goes for the Cameos some pics make them look tan and some make them look orange.
idunno.gif
I believe if you get a picture for a cameo peacock under the sunlight, he will almost look like a peach peacock, and if you get a picture for a peach peacock in the shadow he will look almost like the cameo, and you will not notice the orange color!

Here are the pictures, he was low percentage spalding peach, so i think he will look a little darker.

Last edited:
0.jpg

Any ideas on these silver birds sex yet? First bird in this video i'm thinking hen, second one i don't have any ideas and hoping its a male, if its not male then i will be a year late in my breeding program
roll.png

Last edited:
0.jpg

Any ideas on these silver birds sex yet? First bird in this video i'm thinking hen, second one i don't have any ideas and hoping its a male, if its not male then i will be a year late in my breeding program
roll.png

I see 3 males and one hen in the group of 4.

I think he was asking about the silvers, though? I saw two silvers, a big white bird (I'm guessing the other side is also white), and something that looked colored... I dunno, didn't spend a lot of time studying the colored bird.

For the silvers, do you think a hen & a male? I'm so not good at this,
hide.gif
but thinking the second silver one was male, and maybe the first one (the one in the corner to the left) hen?

eta: rats, I just looked at the video again, and I think I got it backwards
gig.gif
I am SO not good at this

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom