Identity crisis!.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Fancy Feather Poultry, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    Well, at first I thought my Baby silkie girl...well was a girl but now, hes my babe. Sence he decided to speak up and cock-a-doodle-doo. Well I have a roo and now im not sure if the one I thought was a roo is a hen ...hopefully.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Heres the devil who knows how to speak his mind, but im haing a difficulty to find him...as a her.

[​IMG]

This is the one I thought was my roo ^ , but now im not sure at all do you think he/she is a hen or rooster they are 16 weeks soo im hoping some one could tell which one is which im hoping atleast one is a hen.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2007
  2. unionwirewoman

unionwirewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    I had two bantam silkies , one I got rid of cause he started beating up on my turken (bantam)rooster . I now still own a pullet silkie . The second pic is a roo , and I'm almost 100% that the third pic is a hen . At least my hen looks like yours . She's five months old and has been laying for 2 months .[​IMG]

3. peepkeeper

peepkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2007
    upstate New York
    The first 2 pics are men, the third is a lady.

4. Fancy Feather Poultry

May 30, 2007
    The first two pictures of the same silkie picture 1 and 2 are the of the on that cocka-doodle-doo'ed. And the last picture is of the undecided silkie, so both you buys think the last picture is a hen if so then IM HAPPY!. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2007
  5. DoctorGoose

DoctorGoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2007
    Woodinville,WA
    Yup--I think the last one is a hen!

6. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    For sure, I vote hen!

7. howlingwoodsfarm

howlingwoodsfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree, another vote that the last pic is of a hen

8. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I disagree I think it's a pullet. [​IMG]

Yeah, she looks like a girl to me if your boy has a comb like that at 16 weeks!

9. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    I think pullet also. And lucky you, getting eggs already. My silkies are never going to lay. Beautiful.

Marie

10. Fancy Feather Poultry

May 30, 2007
    [​IMG] Martin who every told you I was getting eggs is crazy it seems I have been waiting for eggs my whole life from this one! I am hoping I am not going to have to wait until there 28 some weeks for them to lay an egg, by any chance anyone know when silkies start laying 20-24 weeks right just like any other breed. When do I start giving them layer feed? some one told me 18 weeks but there 16 weeks now and there eating chick starter cause of my other babys that are 7 or 8 weeks right now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by