if i crossed an oegb and a modern game bantam what would i get?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by lcw1995, Nov 16, 2011.

1. lcw1995

lcw1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Marysville Ohio
    i have a nice blue wheaton oegb cock and a nice brown red modern game bantam pullet

if i was to cross these two

what would the F1s look like

2. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    SCARY!

and

WHY?

3. GotGame

GotGame Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    NE of OKC
    U would end up with mutts. Not only crossing breeds with very different type, but a crow wing with a non crow wing.

4. jacobkelly15

jacobkelly15 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 8, 2011
    Phoenix
    Would be a scary looking long legged old english bantam and I wouldn't cross them the oeg is really cute when little and as adults but the moderns are ugly I will never raise moderns! But I know a lot of breeders here in az!

5. lcw1995

lcw1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Marysville Ohio
    lol ya
    i figured it was a pretty weird lookin cross if i ever did it
    im not goin 2 though
    just a thought haha

6. sjarvis00

sjarvis00 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Shawnee, OKlahoma
    this has been done to improve color quality of brown red and Birchen OE in the past, using the Modern of teh same variety. It does take a lot of focus to get back to anything useable in either breed as type and feather are very different between the two. There really is no point in the cross without considerable focused efforts and long term comitment towards a goal.

7. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    I "accidently" crossed a Crele OEG hen with a Brown Red Modern male. The offspring was long legged and had a Crele pattern. I didn't keep the cross, so I'm not sure how he ended up when mature.

8. Ocikat

Ocikat Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2016
    I know that this was a long time ago but I think that cross would look really cool

9. Sleepytime

Sleepytime Just Hatched

Oct 26, 2016
    GA
    I see this was a while ago, but if anyone is still reading it, I have a few running around that are OEGB/MGB crosses. I turn my non-show quality birds loose until I can find somebody who wants them. The cross bred chicks mostly looked like a heavier bodied modern. There was one or two that favored the old english more. They aren't too weird looking, in fact a couple of them could pass for moderns.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by