If I leave my chicken in for 3 days will she not want to go thereECT:

Chicken Charlotte

Out of the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 7, 2010
QLD
Hello I want to leave my chicken in for more than 3 days to make her sleep in a sertan coop will she not want to go in there because she is afraid she will get locked up for many more days if thats how to explain it:thumbsup

Lock her in the coop. If she's older and set in her ways about going into a certain coop, you may have to lock her in for more than just a few days.

When I first introduced mine to their new coop I locked them in for over a week. When I finally opened the pop door they were reluctant to venture out. Once they all went out into the run they were imprinted with "where to roost". Now they put themselves to bed every evining and I simply go out and lock the run door to keep them safe.
wink.png

Ok Heres the detail we built a new coop and all her friends died she has been with another flock for a while now and puts herself to bed down there so we did this one up and bought a new chicken they are fine together but she just does not seem to go in there at night she goes back down to the other coop but weirder she will go back to lay her eggs in there????

Back
Top Bottom