If I show you mine, Will you show me yours?

Oh burn!!
( sorry)
1f605.png

celie

I am so ashamed of you and so disappointed that you would pass off a Store Bought Turkey as a home grown one.

Is that I see a pop up Timer and a Plastic leg Tie I am just speechless and Shocked:lau

You need a new pair of glasses, cause I didn't use pop up timers when I did buy turkeys in the stores, or are you just jealous, cause yours are just young-ins ? The red thing near the leg is a label on a milk jug I froze ice in. I recycle gallon and 2 litter bottles, as I am using up the food in the freezers, cause 'm too cheep to go and buy ice! LOL I'm not spending money on frozen water when I can get it for FREE! The red ring around the leg where I cut the feet off is a mystery to me, but it was on both feet, only in that spot. When I peeled the feet to give them to the dogs to chew on, the feet of that one turkey were scarlet red! Maybe that had some Bourbon RED, in it. Maybe your turkey's papa, flew down and got with it's Mama! LOL :gig :lau

Wooo A woman with Spirit I like it and you brought it back to me :bow

Love the little derrick to hold up the bird! I could use that thing here. Wish you had shown a pic of the plucking process. How do you pluck them, wet or dry? By hand, or with a plucker?

Frank,
When are you gonna harvest some more turkeys? If you started with 17(15+2) and harvested 1, doesn't that leave you 16? I never learned the new math, so I might be wrong, But my youngest is an advanced math teacher, so I called her and asked. LOL How many hens and how many toms? How many are you holding over winter to breed? If you do in any more, please show us some pictures! I would love to see some BRs dressed out. Shouldn't that be "UNDRESSED", when they no longer have feathers? We have a strange language, don't we? LOL

Ya Ya Ya Celie

I have 16 turkeys Left and the plans are to Have one for Christmas dressed out in a TUX :cool:.
I will do my best to get some Pictures of the Bird before and after nothing during there are some people here who dont like that kinda thing :rolleyes:
I think I plan on smoking it but cant find big enough papers and dont know how to keep it lit :old I know its an old joke and a bad one.
I am looking forward to Christmas and 4 days off I havent had any time off for a long time and it probably shows :th

Last edited:
Ya Ya Ya Celie
I have 16 turkeys Left and the plans are to Have one for Christmas dressed out in a TUX
cool.png
I will do my best to get some Pictures of the Bird before and after nothing during there are some people here who dont like that kinda thing
roll.png

I think I plan on smoking it but cant find big enough papers and dont know how to keep it lit
old.gif
I know its an old joke and a bad one.
I am looking forward to Christmas and 4 days off I havent had any time off for a long time and it probably shows
th.gif
Sounds like a formal dinner for Christmas! Sending out engraved invitations? For papers, you might try Colorado! I hear it soon going to be legal there, not sure when, but then you may have to cook the other 15, if everybody at your formal dinner gets the munchies? LOL Remember Woodstock? Or were you too young? 4 days off would be nice, but wait until you retire and get no days off, like me! When I worked 84 hour weeks for almost 6 years straight, I couldn't wait to retire, Now retired, I still work everyday. 200 laying chickens, 150 ducks, 4 geese, 27 turkeys, 28 rabbits(7 who or pregnant) 27- 5 week old meat birds, fencing to finish, fields to finish planting for winter, 60x120 garden to finish weeding and till, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 50 juvenile layers, 40 in the brooder, 2 Sportsman 1502 incubators going non-stop for almost 6 years(will be turned off Dec.2 till early Feb. when turkeys start laying, maybe), eggs to gather several times a day and orders to package, emails to answer, and not enough hours to get it all done, cause I'm too old and tired!
th.gif
I think I need a day off, but who would feed everybody?? DH can't even feed himself! His cooking is not eatable, unless it's on a BBQ grill. So, I bought him a huge BBQ Grill at TC 3 years ago. I cooked a smoked brisket on it twice and I think he did burgers once, and there it sits. I don't allow him in the kitchen. Did once about 9 years ago, while I was working, He opened 2 cans of something, it took him 8 hours and I broke a tooth on the first bite, because he put whole peppercorns in it, to "season" it up! TRUE!
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

Celie

Yes I know you took on all those farm animals and and were made to do so at gun point right I dont think so this is something you enjoy doing even if it is work.
If I could support my family by the sweat of my brow on my farm and answered to no body I would do so till I dropped dead but I would have a smile on my face :celebrate .
I was told in the Army that if we were not complaining we were not happy I think this is you in a nut shell.
There are the doers in the world and the ones who depend on them :frow HELLO.
I Live with three dependents and all three need to get a job LOL.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom