If if feed my chickens FISH, will that TASTE like FISH?

Does it work the other way, if you feed your fish chicken will they taste like chicken? Fish does carry into eggs, the girls cleaned out the husband's minnow bucket and to say the eggs were off tasting would be putting it mildly. This was about 50 finger length minnows between four chickens.

I feed my 22 chickens the left overs from our fishing trips. May be 40 catfish carcasses one day or the remains of 100 bluegill the following weekend. We have not noticed a change in the taste of their eggs. However, they do not get it on a daily basis either. One thing I did notice is that not all of the chickens like the fresh fish. Some of the hens would "prefer" the fish to dry out a day before they ate it. But all of them went crazy for the fish eggs!

Liking this thread. I have a case of frozen tilapia I bought awhile ago not realizing they aren't individually wrapped, like I usually get: So a 15 pound chuck of stuck together fish. In a hurry I guess and didn't notice. I'm considering drying the fillets in in dehydrator and using them for cat and chicken treats, maybe even for the dogs.

If you give them layer it supposed to have all their protein needs.
To hige protein diet could cause some kiddny problems, or visceral gout due to the extra accumulation of uric acid(buy product of protein metabolism ) crystals in the internal organs.

What do you consider too high [of a] protein diet? I give mine fermented All Flock (20% protein by the label, layer is only 16%). I have mostly EEs, a Black Australorp, a Marans and one 3 Yr. old Production Red.

Back
Top Bottom