If im supposed to turn eggs 3 times a day, does the time i set it count as one turn?

Can this apply for quail eggs? And also what do you mean by not always in the same direction? Does it mean like sometimes when you go from x to o alternating going from left and to right and sometimes you do it from right to left?
Depends on which species of quail eggs your incubating.
Coturnix have an incubation period of 16 to 19 days.
Bobwhites 23 to 24 days
Gamble's 23 to 24 days
California Valley 23 to 25 days
Mountain 24 to 26 days
I incubate at 100°F and 43% Rh, I increase the Rh to 55 to 60% for the last 3 or 4 days of incubation.
I use auto turners.

Okay thank you, can i just do it randomly like sometimes left or right?
Doesn't matter which way you turn them as long as the opposite side is up each time. Otherwise the chick may become stuck to the inner membrane of the shell. Doesn't reaaly matter if it is precise. as long as the egg has a different spot on top.

Okay thank you, can i just do it randomly like sometimes left or right?
There’s actually a scientific study of rotating goose eggs. They compared rotating along the short axis versus routine along the long axis and there was a significant advantage if you rotate along the short axis. It is better not to do it randomly, sometimes less sometimes right. Of course your hens do not do anything in such a regular way they simply use their feet to move the eggs around but they moved around fairly frequently and they seem to know what they’re doing.

Back
Top Bottom