If my dad was a Buff Orphington....

LindsaySinai

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 17, 2011
San Diego
What might my mom have been?? Some of the choices are other Buff, RIR, BR, Silver Laced Wyandotte.... One of them has a few sprouts of feathers on her legs and the other has quite a bit more.
96519_img_20110908_153613.jpg

96519_img_20110908_153336.jpg

Quote:
Buff what? Brahma or Cochin? If it is a Brahma then that should be the mother as the other breeds do not have feathered legs.

Quote:
Buff what? Brahma or Cochin? If it is a Brahma then that should be the mother as the other breeds do not have feathered legs.

Another Buff Orphington. The chickens my aunt has with the feathers on their feet are white with black around there necks...not sure what those are and she never listed those off as possible mothers butI'm guessing that's what it might be....what kind does that sound like and could their offspring look like this??

Quote:
All of my brahmas have feathered legs
smile.png

What color egg did she hatch out of? And i see barring in some of her feathers, but that could be wayndotte or br

You know what....her legs look kind of olivey green to me,, maybe its just me, but do oyu have any Americauna mixes or EEs...that could be where the feather color comes from too?

I know the comb doesnt really match but if its a mix it could be?

Last edited:
Quote:
The father was for sure a Buff Orpington...there were Easter Eggers but they dont ever have feathers on their legs, do they? After looking at the breed index I'm pretty sure she had Brahmas and that they were the only ones with feathered legs. Does anyone know the outcome of a Buff Orpington/Brahma cross??

Quote:
All of my brahmas have feathered legs
smile.png

What color egg did she hatch out of? And i see barring in some of her feathers, but that could be wayndotte or br

Most of the eggs I had were between a pink to a tan color...and then one egg was small and a bit darker.

Back
Top Bottom