If they come back I may have to build an aviary

furbabymum

Songster
7 Years
May 6, 2012
Burns, Wyoming
I really hate the thought. I enjoy watching my birds wandering around our property so much that the thought of locking them up kills me. Plus I'm super lazy so I would hate locking them up and adding to my chores. lol Anyway, they're all missing right now. All 3, 2 peahens and a peacock. They're 2 this year. They've never wandered far before. Plus we have super loads of wind so they usually don't stray from shelter lest they get caught. They've been caught in the garage a few times when sudden wind picks up and howls through the area. The wind is howling so I'm hoping they just got caught up somewhere at the neighbors but I am discouraged.

hugs.gif
How long they been missing? mine took off for a night one time, i think it scared the bagesius outa them cause they slept all the next day and never took off again, i learned later that day that they had been up in a tree on my place after all , naughty birds just would not answer my calls.
Hope they make it back.

Last edited:
hugs.gif
How long they been missing? mine took off for a night one time, i think it scared the bagesius outa them cause they slept all the next day and never took off again, i learned later that day that they had been up in a tree on my place after all , naughty birds just would not answer my calls.
Hope they make it back.
As far as I'm aware they went missing yesterday. They weren't in the barn this morning when I went to feed and no where else on our property that I could see. :(

I'm wondering if it's the guineas. They've been vicious lately. I think I'm going to have to kill them all. They just chase the male something awful.

I have a guinea like that i caught him coming out of the barn with my net while he was pursuing one of my young males, i locked him up in a bird cage for a couple days, turned him loose and he started the chase again so i caught him again same way and locked him up again, after i turned him loose the second time he stopped and i have had no more problems out of him.
They most likely show back up before the day is done when they get hungry.
hugs.gif

PS i do not think they left because of the guinea, i have had 100's at a time with my peas.

Well I certainly hope! I only have 3 guineas (from 10, they keep killing themselves). I think that all 3 are males as well. They chase my male peacock something fierce. He flies away and tries to hide on the roof but they pursue him. They're mean to all my other fowl. If I weren't so lazy I would have killed them ages ago. I figure life is too short for mean animals. I hear they taste alright. I'd like to give that a try.

Back
Top Bottom